Interested Readers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Red heels in a black and white world...

I bet you are wondering to yourself while reading the title of this blog, if I'm really the kind of girl who struts around in flashy red heels all day. Or maybe you're not. Well, I admit that I do own a gorgeous pair of patent red Kenneth Cole's that I occasionally pull out of my closet when I'm feeling extra frisky, but no I don't wear them everyday, and no, that is not the reason I chose the title above.

First and foremost, this blog is not about style or fashion. Now don't get me wrong,  I absolutely, without a doubt, believe that style and fashion is one of the many, vital threads that ravel a woman into her "spool" of presentation. And every woman's presentation distinguishes her from the rest of the pack. It leaves her one-of-a-kind imprint; her signature stamp, lingering on the minds of everyone she meets. Style is definitely something that in my opinion, every woman should possess and use to inspire and captivate those around her.


But that is not the reason I chose the phrase "Red Heels" in my title.


Here is the reason. It's all about symbolism and not literally an actual pair of red heels. We all know any stripper/street walker can strap up in a pair, but her self worth (and her worth in society) would fail drastically in comparison to that of an executive woman in the corner office.

Red is a strong, powerful color. You can always be sure heads will turn when you are dressed in red. Whether it be a red button down shirt, a red cocktail dress, or even red lipstick! It has a way of making people, men OR women, stop, look, and take notice of you. Maybe even ask themselves under their breath "Who IS that woman?" No one can deny the power it has. So I chose the color red due to those very reasons. Red signifies boldness and determination.

Now to the reason why I chose heels. We all know heels are the universal symbol of the feminine, sophisticated woman. The girl in flats standing next to the girl in heels might as well be invisible. You can't deny when you slip on a striking pair of 4 inch heels, your confidence is brimming at the peak. What is more unstoppable than an a determined woman with a strong sense of self confidence?

The power and determination of the color red; paired with the confidence in your femininity (symbolized in this blog by a pair of heels) ...Together, with the right balance of intelligence and assertiveness, those attributes can create a successful woman, a respected leader, and a force to be reckoned with.

And WHO doesn't want that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment